Ranking-Fact provides you incredible sports facts that satisfy your Trivia appetite and most times blow your mind. We understand that the world of sport is famous for producing intriguing statistics.
It is more about studying box scores for the average sports fans, hearing about your team’s recent performance and getting information about the next game.
Sports fans often get deprived of certain random sports facts that continue to shadow the big realm. From ironic truths, coincidental occurrences and jaw-dropping facts, Ranking-Fact have helped shape the world of sports.
This section produces intriguing facts about the most popular sports: football (soccer), basketball, tennis, cricket, etc. Whether you’re the type who loves sports quiz or you want to impress your friends and family with your knowledge, Ranking-Fact has got you covered.
General Sports Facts:
Among many popular sports facts, here is a summary of our ten favourite trivia for your reading pleasure.
- In the world cup year of 1994, the Bulgaria team had the only soccer team where all of its players have last names ending with ‘OV’.
- In the Super Bowl parking lot, over 100 children get conceived annually. This happens during popular tailgate parties.
- The oldest continuous trophy sports is not football but the America’s Cup. This is affectionately known as the Auld Mug. The competition started in 1851, with Americans winning for a straight 132 years until Australia took the Cup in 1983.
- Golf was banned in England during the year 1457.
- Archery is considered to be a more prioritized sport in England when it is compared to golf.
- Sports have once been played on the Moon. An astronaut from the Apollo 14 mission, Alan Shepard succeeded in batting a golf ball with his crew members.
- The total number of chicken demand during the Superbowl is roughly equivalent to the dense population of New York.
- A soccer ball has 32 leather panels which are held together by 642 stitches.
- The world’s longest boxing match took place on the 6th of April 1893 between Jack Burke and Andy Bowen. The boxing match went on for 110 rounds and lasted for over seven hours. At some point, both fighters were too tired and exhausted to keep on fighting.
- Famous long-distance runner Tom Johnson, in the year 2002, competed against a horse in a 50-mile race. The super athlete completed in five hours and 45 minutes, arriving just ten seconds ahead of the horse.
RankingFact team is curious to know how much of these facts concerning Sports you already knew and if you are aware of any other facts our category is yet to capture. Kindly leave us a comment with your opinion.