Ranking-Fact provides you incredible sports facts that satisfy your Trivia appetite and most times blow your mind. We understand that the world of sport is one which is famous for producing intriguing statistics.
For the average sports fans, it is more about studying box scores, hearing about your team’s recent performance and getting information about the next game.
More often, Sports fans often get deprived of certain random sports facts that continue to shadow the big realm. From ironic truths, coincidental occurrences and jaw-dropping facts, Ranking-Fact have helped shape the world of sports.
This section produces intriguing facts about the most popular sports, namely; football (soccer), basketball, tennis, cricket, etc. Whether you’re the type who love sports quiz or you just want to impress your friends and family with your knowledge, Ranking-Fact has got you covered.
Some Untold Sports Facts for you:
Among many popular sports facts, here is a summary list of our ten favourite trivia is for your reading pleasure.
- In the world cup year of 1994, Bulgaria team had the only soccer team where all of its players have last names ending with ‘OV’.
- In the Super Bowl parking lot, over 100 children get conceived annually. This happens during the popular tailgate parties.
- The oldest continuous trophy sports is not football but the America’s Cup. This is affectionately known as the Auld Mug. It competition started in 1851, with Americans winning for a straight 132 years until Australia took the Cup in 1983.
- Golf was banned in England during 1457.
- Archery is considered to be a more prioritized sport in England when it is compared to golf.
- Sports have once been played on the Moon. Alan Shepard, an astronaut from the Apollo 14 mission succeeded in batting a golf ball with his crew members.
- The total number of chicken demand during the Superbowl is roughly equivalent to the dense population of New York.
- A soccer ball has 32 leather panels which is held together by 642 stitches.
- The world’s longest boxing match took place on the 6th of April 1893 between Jack Burke and Andy Bowen. The boxing match went on for 110 rounds and lasted for over seven hours. At some point, both fighters were too tired and exhausted to keep on fighting.
- Famous long-distance runner Tom Johnson, in the year 2002 competed against a horse in a 50-mile race. The super athlete completed in five hours and 45 minutes, arriving just ten seconds ahead of the horse.
Ranking-Fact team is curious to know how much of these facts concerning Sports you already knew and if you are aware of any other facts, our category is yet to capture. Kindly leave us a comment with your opinion.